BLOG LADAKH

Welcome to Ladakh!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Say it in Ladakhi (II)

Solja don-ley Please take tea.
Karu skyodat? Where are you going? (Used like 'How are you?')
Nga leh-a ch'at I am going to Leh.
Nyerang-i minga chi in? What is your name?
Nge minga ... in-ley* My name is...
Nyerang ka-ney in? Where are you from?
Nga...- ney in ley* I'm from...
Gonpa ka-ney yot Where is the monastery?
Chi inok? What is this?
Tsam inok? How much is it?
Ha-go-a? Understand?
Ha-ma-go I don't understand.
Ha-go I understand.
Nga sha za-met I don't eat meat.
Bus-po karu ch'aanok? Where is the bus leave?
Bus-po nam ch'aannok? When does the bus leave?
Ch'uskol sal-ley Please give me boiled water.
Dik -ley That's enough, thanks or It's okay.
Dig-a -ley? Is it okay?
Nyerang-a ming-shing tsam yot? How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Ladaks maa-demo duk Ladakh is very nice, beautiful.

Rebecca Norman, Getting started in Ladakhi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home